The importance of images in the travel industry
An enticing image used by our client Jumeirah Hotels
DAM software vs Image libraries
DAM software offers an advantage over more traditional image libraries in that it has the potential to store and share any asset, not just images. but it also provides many more sophisticated features and functionality. Here are just a few examples of what Asset Bank’s DAM software can do:
- Sophisticated download functionality - crop, edit, resize and mask images before you download them. You can also create download presets of popular image sizes.
Reformat, crop and resize images prior to download with Asset Bank
- Flexible user groups - create different user groups (for example; internal staff, media, partners) to determine what different types of users can see and download. You can also add permissions so users can request approval to view or download an asset.
- Upload any asset - store, manage and share any asset type including all image, video, audio and document formats.
- Lightbox sharing - create multiple lightboxes and easily share them with users and non-users so they can quickly feedback or download an asset.
- CMS integration - website editors can quickly browse Asset Bank to find an image and then upload it straight into the CMS.
- Multi-lingual versions - most major travel organisations have staff and customers all over the world. With our enterprise level Asset Bank you can create different multi-lingual versions so it’s easy for staff to access assets in their own language.
- Video keywording - link keyword meta data to points of time in your videos. This enables users to quickly find chunks of footage they require.
- Asset development - our clients are increasingly using their asset bank to develop and collate feedback on assets (such as press advertisement and web pages) until they are ready to be used.
Travel company DAM case studies
If you are interested in reading further on how travel and tourism organisations use DAM software you might be interesting in these case studies, blogs and public facing Asset Banks.
An image from STA's Asset Bank
- Blog about STA Travel's STAT.LAB
- momondo case study
- Jumeirah Hotels asset showcase
- Royal Pavilion live Asset Bank
The last link for the Royal Pavilion links directly through to their Asset Bank. Not only do they use their DAM to share images of the Pavilion with staff, media and partners but they also use their DAM to earn revenue by allowing users to buy usage of their images.
Browse the Royal Pavilion Image Store
Find out more
Still want to know more about how DAM can help your travel company? Please get in touch for a chat or a demo.